192.168.15.1 The default login IP of the router is the reserved address and default gateway reserved by the router. It is mostly used by brands such as Linksys, Motorola, Vivo, or D-Link. Enter 192.168.15.1 in the address bar of your browser and you will be able to access the router’s management interface. This is not the only standard IP of the router, there are many different IPs such as 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.2.1 that are used to set up your router, wireless network, etc.
How to login to 192.168.15.1?
You must connect your computer to the router, as with any other router login procedure. If your computer has a network card, you can connect it to the router via a network cable. If your computer does not have a network card or you are logging in with your phone, you must connect your computer or phone to the router’s WiFi network. To connect to a WiFi network, simply search for your router’s WiFi signal, click connect, and enter your WiFi password.
To login to router’s admin page via 192.168.15.1, follow steps below:
- Open a browser on your PC/Laptop, if you are using a mobile phone, you can also open a browser.
- In the address bar, type http://192.168.15.1
- Press Enter, or click ‘Goto’.
- Then you will come to the router login page.
- Enter router login password, please refer to router default password list if you forget it.
- If the login password is correct, you will be logged in to the router’s admin pages.
Tip: You can use your computer as well as your phone to log in and set up your router, and they both follow the same steps.
Unable to access 192.168.15.1?
There could be various reasons why your device is connected to the router but cannot log into the router’s gateway IP 192.168.15.1. Please see the analysis below.
- Your router’s login IP is not 192.168.15.1; it may not have been this address originally, or it may have been modified by someone.
- To find the router’s login address, you can check it from your computer or phone. See the next paragraph of the article.
- Your browser can’t access the intranet address. This may be because your router has a proxy set up, or your browser needs to clean up its cookies, clear these settings, and then reset it.
- Other software, such as a firewall or anti-virus, prevents you from logging into the address. Turn off this software and try again.
- If you’re connected to the router through a network cable, try connecting to the router’s WiFi network and then logging in.
- Restart the router; certain routers that have been running for a long time will have problems; restart it to resolve the issue.
What is 192.168.15.1?
192.168.15.1 is an intranet IP address (LAN IP address). IP addresses always contain four sets of numbers ranging between 0 and 255, as do LAN addresses. Each device connected to the Internet has a unique address so that no IP address conflicts arise.
What is the default username for 192.168 15.1?
The most common default username for the 192.168.15.1 address is admin.
What is the default password for 192.168 15.1?
The most common default password for the 192.168.15.1 address is admin.
How to factory reset your router?
There are two ways to factory your router, one is to reset in the admin interface, and the other is to reset using the reboot button.
Reset through admin interface
- Login to your router at http://192.168.15.1 following above steps.
- Find ‘System settings’ menu, or something similar about router management.
- Find Factory reset section, click on it, and then confirm. After that the router will reset automatically.
Factory reset with the rest button
- Power on your router.
- Find the reset button of the router, usually the button is in a hole.
- Find a toothpick or pin, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds, the router’s light will blink, release button.
- Then the router will automatically reboot.
Note: Reboot and factory reset are not the same, reboot is to turn off and turn on the router again, while factory reset is to reset the router’s and restore its data to factory default settings. So, think carefully when you want to factory reset your router, otherwise the data will not be erased.