192.168.178.1 is the default IP address of Fritz Box, AVM and Ubee routers. It is also a LAN address, specifically used to set up your router. You can login to a admin interface at http://192.168.178.1, in the admin interface, you can find all router settings including WiFi SSID, WiFi password, router security, factory reset.
How to login to 192.168.178.1?
It’s simple to login to Fritz Box router web interface using the IP address 192.168.178.1:
Use a network cable to connect your computer to any of the router’s LAN ports. If the LAN port indicator of the connected computer is not lit, please make sure the cable is firmly plugged in or replace the network cable.
You can also connect your device to the router through WiFi network, it’s much easier if you are using a mobile phone to login.
- Open your browser, type http://192.168.178.1 or 192.168.178.1 at the address bar, then press Enter. You can find the login address printed on a sticker which is on the back of your router.
- Then a login box will ask you to enter login credentials, type default username and password in the box, usually, Fritz Box’s username is ‘admin, password is ‘admin. But there are different combinations on different router models.
- After the credentials are entered, click login.
If your login credentials are right, you’ll be able to access the router’s web interface and make the necessary changes.
- If you are unable to log in to your router, you are most likely using the incorrect username or password. Also, remember to keep track of both after you’ve made the changes.
- Your computer has antivirus software with a firewall feature, and the highest security level firewall feature is enabled. Try to turn off the antivirus software and try again.
- Check that you have entered the correct IP address; it should not be 192.168.178.l or www.192.168.178.1. If you changed the IP address, try the most popular ones, such as 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- If none of the above steps work, the way to go at this point is to restore the factory settings. Find the Reset button at the back of the router, press and hold it for about 3 seconds (different routers need different durations, try to be longer). You will find that all the lights on the router flash, indicating that the factory settings are restored successfully. At this point, you can then follow the address on the manual to enter the router management.
How to change WiFi SSID and Password?
Routers have grown extremely widespread, and you may find that your WiFi name is not easily recognizable, or that you need to change your router password after you have already set it.
Please consider the following methods:
- Login to router’s default admin interface address through 192.168.178.1, then enter login username and password.
- When you access the admin page, you can see the router’s operational status and then locate the Wireless Settings section in the main menu on the left or above.
- You can change SSID (network name) in the Basic Settings of Wireless Settings.
- Under “Wireless Settings”, find “Wireless Security Settings”, where you can change WiFi password. There are four options below it, “No wireless security”(it means no password), WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, WPA/WPA2 and WEP. The first option is very insecure, it is strongly advised that you choose the second encryption method according to manual, that is, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK. After the selection, we can change the password in the corresponding place.
- Click the Save button to save when the password change is complete.
Reboot your router by clicking Reboot button in System Tools section.
Default username and password
The most commonly used default usernames and passwords IP address 192.168.178.1 are shown below.
|admin||printed on router label|